Your new company
SMS equipment operates at the leading edge of innovation and offers advanced technologies that keep job sites running safely, efficiently and productively - even in extreme conditions. As one of the largest Komatsu dealers in the world they believe their continued growth is a result of their highly skilled and engaged employees who deliver excellence in the workplace. They were proud to be recognized with the Associated Equipment Distributors Technician of the Year Award for Canada, 2019.
SMS equipment serve the construction, forestry, mining & utilities sectors, and are committed to safety as their number one priority.
Due to growth they are seeking a Welders to join their growing yet established team in Acheson, AB. As an advocate of lifetime career growth, you will receive training and opportunities for promotion within as you grow.
Your new role
Your team will become like family and you’ll be working alongside many people who have enjoyed multiyear employment with SMS equipment. Reporting to the General Supervisor this position is responsible for the welding repairs, fabrication and assembly of Komatsu and other heavy duty industrial equipment that SMS sells or rents to its customers:
- Repairing and fabrication of various makes of construction, forestry, utility and mining mobile equipment
- Following directions given in layouts, blueprints and work orders
- Customizing mobile equipment and/or parts as per the customer's request
- Conducting failure analysis and developing a welding repair process with the Service Manager
- Providing welding support in the field and in the shop
- Able to work safely in a challenging environment with minimal supervision
- Other duties as required
What you'll need to succeed
The successful candidate will possess a Journeyperson Welder certification. Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered. Other requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Highly motivated and able to work in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision
- Ability to interpret blueprints and layouts/follow work orders
- Must possess a strong work ethic, a commitment to excellence and have acute safety awareness as well as strong organizational skills
- Must have effective interpersonal skills, including tact and diplomacy while working with a variety of individuals and groups
- Must have a thorough knowledge of the maintenance and repair of mining equipment
What you'll get in return
SMS equipment is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer, offering competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, learning opportunities, apprenticeship programs, company matched RRSP and more! Perks include discount programs, wellness program, social club and free parking.
You will benefit from personal growth and add to your skills through regular OEM training on industry leading equipment.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or email your resume to Rahul.Jakhar@hays.com