Your new company
SMS Equipment operates at the leading edge of innovation and offers advanced technologies that keep job sites running safely, efficiently and productively - even in extreme conditions. As one of the largest Komatsu dealers in the world they believe their continued growth is a result of their highly skilled and engaged employees who deliver excellence in the workplace. They were proud to be recognized with the Associated Equipment Distributors Technician of the Year Award for Canada, 2019.
SMS Equipment serve the construction, forestry, mining & utilities sectors, and are committed to safety as their number one priority.
Due to growth they are seeking a Heavy Equipment Technician to join their growing yet established team. As an advocate of lifetime career growth, you will receive training and opportunities for promotion within as you grow. This position is located in Elkford, BC.
Your new role
Your team will become like family and you’ll be working alongside many people who have enjoyed multiyear employment with SMS.
At SMS Equipment, safety is our number one priority. Our successful candidate is intrinsically motivated and committed to making safe choices, when completing all tasks.
Reporting to the General Supervisor, the Heavy Equipment Technician maintains, repairs, and rebuilds heavy equipment in the shop and field. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
What you'll need to succeed
- Make recommendations regarding the extent of repairs and suggest methods of improvement
- Repair the equipment in a timely and financially responsible manner
- Think logically and keep up with changes in technology
- Interpret work orders and technical manuals
- Employ workplace health and safety practices at all times
- Be motivated and able to work in a challenging environment with minimal supervision
The successful candidate will possess a Journeyperson Heavy Equipment Technician certification. Other requirements include, but are not limited to:
What you'll get in return
- Interprovincial Red Seal is considered an asset
- Experience in repair/maintenance of heavy-duty equipment
- Experience with Komatsu
- Strong commitment to safety
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Full Driver’s License without restrictions
SMS is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer, offering competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, learning opportunities, apprenticeship programs, company matched RRSP and more! Perks include discount programs, wellness program, social club and free parking.
You will benefit from personal growth and add to your skills through regular OEM training on industry leading equipment.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.