Your new company
SMS Equipment offers rewarding careers in the heavy equipment industry across Canada. As the largest Komatsu dealer in North America, SMS Equipment gives you the opportunity to represent world-class quality in our product offerings and customer service. At SMS Equipment, safety is our number one priority. Our successful candidate is intrinsically motivated and committed to making safe choices, when completing all tasks.
Your new role
Coordinates workforce, components/parts delivery within the branch’s operations; utilizing similar equipment, methods, and standards over multiple shift periods.
- Implements mechanical services “best practice”.
- Schedule the workforce with our Gahcho Kue Branch based on the scope of work.
- Ensure all parts & components are ordered and scheduled to be deliver on time to fulfill the work assigned.
- Drives continuous improvement centered on workflow management, streamlining and/ or implementing new processes/ procedures, monitoring and improving productive use of all resources, ensuring equipment reliability through implementation of proper maintenance tactics, improving functional area productivity, identifying and eliminating functional area waste and defects, and implementing cost reductions.
- Monitors all mechanical measures, resource consumptions, work product, and work schedules to ensure overall plan execution, resource consumptions, timelines, and deadlines are consistently attained or improved upon.
- Oversee SMS welding projects operations at site.
- Monitors established performance indicators including: variance reports, production reports, quality reports, and injury reports.
- Assures a quality product by conducting in-process inspections and evaluating the finished product.
- Coordinates work through other trades and shops such as welding and warranty claims.
- Ensures that operational requirements are met by supervising, coordinating and scheduling the activities of tradespeople who repair and maintain mining equipment.
- Takes corrective action to improve job results by counselling and disciplining employees as require.
- Ensures payroll and human resources policies and procedures are met and enforced.
- Advises on compliance with company policies, and adherence to quality control standards.
- Employee development: Arranges and tracks training.
Ensures compliance with safety rules and regulations to minimize industrial injuries and meet regulatory requirements.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by developing and enforcing procedures, rules, regulations and controls in job execution. This includes the customer and SMS safety requirements.
- Ensures all tradespeople are exercising safe procedures and that trade practices and regulations are followed.
Exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others, working to maintain constructive working relationships internally and externally, with customers.
What you'll need to succeed
- Continually working in a transparent manner with our customer to maintain an excellent working relation.
- Keeps current on information and technology affecting functional area to increase innovation and ensure compliance.
What you'll get in return
- Incumbent must be a Heavy Equipment Technician, journeyperson or relevant education with a minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience as a qualified tradesman and Supervisory experience.
- Position requires a thorough knowledge of maintenance and repair of mining equipment.
- Strong ability to plan, develop, coordinate, and direct detailed phases of mechanical functions including the performance of the same.
- Conduct independent evaluation, selection, adaptation, and modification of mechanical services “best practice”.
- Strong knowledge of Mine’s Act, OH&S acts and regulations and equipment inspection requirements; and Supervisor’s Certificate and First Aid would be an asset.
A few of the many benefits of working with SMS Equipment include: competitive wages, comprehensive group benefits plans, and RRSP matching.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.