Your new company
Our client, a leading global chemistry company across US, Canada, Asia and Europe, is going through a Digital Transformation. They are building a Digital Hub for the global business in Toronto city, therefore we are hiring multiple technology talents with ambition to join the digital hub. Our client has earned various awards, including being recognized by Mediacorp as a Top Employer in Canada and the GTA in 2023, and for many consecutive years prior. Most recently, BASF was thrilled to receive two awards for the first time – Forbes 2022 Canada’s Best Employers for Diversity as well as one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People in 2023.
Your new role
Team “Value Chain Optimization” develops innovative solutions to derive insights from data that support better and faster business decisions. Implement data-driven solutions in its complete lifecycle for users in supply chain management around the world.
- Be responsible for implementing AI solutions such as mathematical optimization for decision support along value chains.
- Further develop, maintain, and apply non-standard to be integrated into the standard planning software.
- Drive the sustainable implementation of AI-based supply chain solutions by communicating the benefits and requirements of AI and mathematical optimization to a broad audience
- Guide and train new users in understanding data needs, data quality, mathematical optimization, and its relevance for value-based planning processes.
- Translate requirements of business functions like supply chain, marketing and production into AI solutions including mathematical optimization.
- Contribute to benefit cases and guide business partners through the process of selecting, comparing, and interpreting scenarios of optimization runs.
- Improve our standard planning software with regards to user interfaces, mathematical modelling, data quality management and adoption to business needs.
What you'll need to succeed
- A master’s degree in IT, computer science, statistics, mathematics, operations research, physics, or related discipline with at least 2-3 years of experience in a similar role.
- High interest in applying quantitative methods and in developing sustainable digital business solutions (responsible of entire lifecycle).
- Hands-on coding skills in relevant languages, like GAMS, AIMMS, Python (at least one of them).
- At least 2 years of experience in applying mathematical optimization in an industrial setting.
- Business consulting and technical consulting skills (Translate business requirements to technical field).
- An innovation minded and entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to contribute to a positive and energized culture.
- Have a growth mindset with a curiosity to learn and improve.
- Team player with strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate fluent communication skills in English (spoken and written).
What you'll get in return
The total rewards that you receive as a employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, They believe investing in you is investing in their success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career. They also provide engaging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your role.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, forward an up-to-date copy of your CV in word document, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career