Why work for SMS Equipment?
Apprentice Support Program at SMS Equipment:
- With an increased need for skilled labour SMS has invested in the creation of an internal “Apprentice Support Program”.
- This was created to ensure our Apprentices are set up for success from Day 1 until they become Journeypersons.
- The program consists of 6 types of support:
- Onboarding Support
- Welcome activities and opportunities to connect with fellow apprentices
- Access to a dedicated Apprentice Support Program coordinator
- Financial Support
- Full pay & benefits while attending trade school (no E.I. required)
- Training Support
- Customized (internal) training plan
- Engaging, challenging & relevant work experiences
- Career Development Support
- Career guidance and information on what SMS has to offer long-term
- Mentor Support
- Guidance from qualified journeyperson mentors in addition to supervisor
- Regular check-ins to receive and provide feedback
- Peer Support
- Several fun opportunities to connect with other SMS apprentices
- Onboarding Support
Heavy Equipment Technician (HET): Apprenticeship
- North America, Canada and especially Alberta, is experiencing a skilled trade shortage – and it is projected to get even worse.
- The primary pathway to working in the Heavy Equipment Industry is through a Heavy Equipment Technician Apprenticeship
- The HET OFF-ROAD trade path is the most common for our Alberta Technicians
- There are many trade schools across Alberta and Canada which offer this apprenticeship, with NAIT being one of the best
- SMS has long history of partnering with NAIT and has increased the partnership over the past year or so.
- When taking the HET Apprenticeship you are setting yourself and your family up for a secure and fulfilling career. HET’s are some of the top paid tradespeople in Canada, and you could be making $100-$200K a year after just 4 years of apprenticeship!
Hays Microsite jobs listing
|Components Planner, Fort McMurray||Fort McMurray||Competitive Salary||Permanent|
|Customer Marketing Manager||Edmonton||Competitive Salary||Permanent|
|Field Supervisor, Wabush (14x14)||Wabush, NL||Competitive Salary||Permanent|
|General Supervisor, Mechanical and Welding (Elkford BC)||Elkford British Columbia||Competitive Salary||Permanent|
|General Supervisor, Parts||Timmins||Competitive Salary||Permanent|
There are curently no openings available, please check back later.
If you would like to take a look at all of the opportunities Hays has to offer in the meantime, please visit hays.co.uk.Visit hays.co.uk